(Originally released on 11.21.17. See ThanksForSittingIn.com for complete show notes & photos)
Composing With Colors
Dalal Bruchmann is a singer and composer who grew up in Austria in a musical family and moved to the United States at an early age. She loves classical music as well as pop music and has been successful performing both. She writes her music arrangements using different colors inspired from her love of art. The title of her latest album,”The Quiet Heart” was taken from one of her favorite poems, “The Quiet Mind”.
Dalal is a very deep and talented artist who has a wide variety of influences that help her create her incredible music. She grew up in Austria and moved to the United States at an early age. Dalal started playing piano and violin at age four, has done musical theater, performed gospel, pop and now classical music and writes her compositions in colors!
Dalal has two hit pop releases, “Taste the Night”, which was her first hit song followed by “Superman”.
Her latest, “The Quiet Heart” is a classical music project where she wrote all the music and performed on piano and vocals.
This was such an interesting and fun interview. We covered music, colors and somehow food! You will enjoy listening to Dalal as much as we did sitting down with her.
- Growing up with music in Austria
- Culture change moving to New York and Los Angeles
- The “A-ha” moment
- English and the other languages of music
- “Taste The Night” – From ballad to EDM
- The “Quiet Heart” story
- How carbon monoxide poisoning influenced the project
- Writing in “colors”
- Possible tour?
- Kate Bush
- Pop influences
- Rapid Fire
- Who would you like to collaborate with?
- Remixing “The Quiet Heart”
- Your best performance?
- Favorite video?
- Who do you listen to when you relax? Hobbies?
- Social Media
- “All the Places” coming next year!
- How did we get to food???
More on Dalal's Website
Follow TFSI on Instagram